© Fotolia 104907736

Students with Children

We advise student parents and those who want to become parents

Counselling Services

We can provide you with an overview of the services you are entitled to and help with specific questions, such as whether and when you are entitled to state benefits and support, such as unemployment support, financial support for your children, housing benefit (Wohngeld), maternity support payments etc. We will also tell you about available childcare facilities.

Studying as a Parent

  • If you are experiencing hardship during pregnancy, you can apply to the Help for the Family Foundation (Stiftung Hilfe für die Familie). Please contact our counselling centres.
  • In addition to this, we work with the universities’ support services for women and families to put on information events where you can share your experiences with others.
  • The studierendenWERK also offers day care centers especially for students with children. Opening hours for the day care centers are arranged to suit the needs of students.

Please contact us and make an appointment – we will be happy to advise you.

Pregnancy Conflict Counselling § 219 StGB

You are unplanned pregnant and do not know what to do?

The Psychotherapeutic Counseling Centre advises as a recognized body with specially trained counselors according to § 219 StGB.

When making an appointment, please point out that you would like a pregnancy conflict counselling.

Phone: + 49 (0)30 93 93 9 - 8438 or 8401
E-mail: pbs@stw.berlin


Confidential, telephone counselling:
Thursdays: 12 - 2 p.m.


by making an appointment:
Wednesdays: 10:00 - 12:00 a.m.

Phone: +49 (0)30 93939 8423

Or use our contact form:

How can we advise you?

What topics would you like counselling on? *:

In which language would you like to be advised?*:

Data privacy *: