Broadcasting fee - Do I have to pay the statutory broadcasting fee in the dormitory?


What regulations apply with regard to the broadcasting fee (from 2013 instead of GEZ) for students in student residences?

The owner of the apartment, i.e. every adult person who actually lives there, must pay the broadcasting fee. Since delimitation difficulties are "pre-programmed", all tenants who have a valid rental agreement and are registered in the apartment are generally considered to be the owner of the apartment.

The contribution service of ARD, ZDF and Deutschlandradio provides information on the possibilities of exemption or reduction of the broadcasting contribution.

The Consumer Center Berlin offers a free service for advice on broadcasting fees.

Under the following link you can easily book a free appointment.