Your child is already born? Are you a student or an employee at one of our partner universities? Then you can reserve your child for a place in one of our day care centers.Please use the online form. Registration and the agreement of the contract are done in the facility in question. In the day care centers reservation lists for the children are used for the allocation of places.
To complete the contract, you need a Kita-Gutschein (kita voucher). This will be provided by the Jugendamt (Youth Welfare Office) in your district on presentation of your child’s birth certificate and proof of your work and income. You can also apply for the kita voucher online. For students, it is sufficient to provide a certificates of enrolment to be able to make a claim for full-day daycare, because studying counts as a full-time occupation. However, it is not permitted for you to be on leave.
Please note that the application for a Kita voucher should be submitted at the earliest 9 months and at the latest 2 months before the start of care.
A place in our day care centers is free of charge for all children. Parents only pay for the full board of €53.00 per month per child.
So that early childhood education can be successful, we offer the children diverse and age-appropriate experiences that challenge their individual initiative. The carers supervise the children in their learning processes by showing them ways to expand their skills. For this, educational action is guided by the following principles:
- We nurture and support the children in the individual development of their personalities.
- We encourage the children to form their own opinions, on which they can build their own decisions.
- We teach the children creative skills which promote their sense of responsibility.
- We raise the children’s awareness of responsible approaches to natural resources.
- We promote the development of social and emotional skills, so that the children develop a sensitivity to their own needs and the needs of other people.
- In an age-appropriate way, we develop the children’s understanding of democracy.
- We make it possible for the children to have varied, holistic experiences.
- We give the children time to play so they can process their experiences.
- We encourage the children use exploration and experiment to discover their own solution-finding approaches and develop problem-solving thinking.
- We value a good, trusting educational partnership with the parents.
In all facilities, work is done in a group-orientated way. The basis for all educational services is, of course, the professional framework of the Berlin Educational Program.
In close cooperation with the parents, we place great importance on a careful and individualised settling-in period, to give children a good start to their life at the kita. Here we follow the “Berlin model”.
Appreciative and constructive interaction between the child’s parents/guardians is indispensable for its development. This is why it is important for us to maintain an open and trusting relationship with the parents and to be seen by you as partners in raising the child.
In the kindergartens of studierendenWERK BERLIN, we regularly share information about the development of the children and seek to establish a conversation with the parents. This is to reflect together on the implementation of the educational goals and to actively supervise the development of the child.
In all facilities, the parents are invited to participate in day-to-day life at the kita: parties are organised together, with parents’ evenings and parent-teacher conferences taking place at regular intervals. Once a year, the parents elect representatives who join with the kita committee to advise on various organisational issues with the educational staff.
studierendenWERK BERLIN’s day care centers are facilities located nearby to Berlin universities, with which we work in cooperation. We make use of contacts with university staff from various disciplines in order to incorporate the latest academic and scientific findings into our educational work. Discussions on current pedagogical issues mean that we continually question and develop our educational activities.
In addition, we cooperate with the family offices of the universities.