Are you looking for an affordable room or apartment for your study stay in Berlin? At studierendenWERK BERLIN, we are certain to have the right thing for you. To begin with, take a look at our overview of the student residencies we offer. You can then apply. We only accept applications via the website! 

Student residences


Apartment for one person
Number People Living area Rent Availability
42 1 17 – 26 sqm 330 – 365 €  Waiting time more than 3 semesters
  • Living in a single flat with private pantry and bathroom/toilet
  • Pantry with stove and fridge
  • the apartments will be gradually renovated, please understand
Apartment for two or more persons
Number People Living area Rent Availability
84 2-5 28 – 96 sqm 360 – 890 €  Waiting time more than 3 semesters
  • Living with family, partner or friends
  • Two-room, three-room, four-room and five-room flats with private kitchen and bathroom/toilet
  • the rooms will be gradually renovated



General Information on the Halls of Residence:

  • Top location in the district of Charlottenburg, close to the TU campus
  • Very good transport connections with U-Bahn
  • Kita (children’s day care centre) available in-house
  • Car parking spaces can be rented in the underground garage belonging to the building
  • Nearby to shopping areas


  • Outdoor area with children’s playground and barbecue area
  • Bicycle parking
  • All flats have a kitchen unit with stove and fridge
    or a kitchen unit with hob, microwave and fridge
  • Washing machine room
  • Hobby and music room
  • Common room
  • Party room
  • Elevator

Special note:

According to the guidelines of the Foundation, flats may only be rented to female students who are entitled to residence. Under the rental guidelines for residential spaces at the studierendenWERK BERLIN, men entitled to residence may only move in as partners of female tenants.

Photo gallery



Fraunhoferstraße 25/26
10587 Berlin (Charlottenburg)
Frau Morhardt
030 93939 - 8087
Siegmunds Hof 2
10555 Berlin

Office hours:

09 am – 11 am
10 am – 12 am
03 pm – 06 pm
09 am – 11 am
01 pm – 03 pm
Herr Dürbye
0151 16600292
U2 (Ernst-Reuter-Platz)
HfM: 5,4 km


(c) Wikipedia

This student residence is named after Ottilie von Hansemann (born 11 April 1840 in Koblenz, died 12 December 1919 in Berlin).

She was a German woman’s lawyer. In Prussia, she championed women’s rights to enrol at university.

Service offer for students looking for a flat

Are you looking for a room or a flat to study in peace?

Our InfoCenter IC studi@home will be at your disposal for all inquiries concerning living.

We are also happy to receive your inquiries by e-mail at
If you want to contact us by phone, dial 030 93939-8990.

We look forward to you!

Your team InfoCenter studi@home


Hardenbergstraße 34
Mensa Foyer
10623 Berlin

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Online Portal

Housing Portal

Living Elsewhere

Living Elsewhere

Here you will find offers of other apartment providers in Berlin.

Apartment owner can also hire their own living space in our Wohnraumbörse Berlin.

Look here for apartments and shared rooms in Berlin and just outside.

Offer here your living space. No matter if it is a short-term rent or for a longer period. The students will thank you.

You can find an overview of the offers of Berlin’s housebuilding companies at:

Students from universities in Berlin, Potsdam and at Wildau Technical University of Applied Sciences are offered furnished places to live, close to the universities, at the Student Villages in Schlachtensee and Adlershof.

Here, we offer you – outside the legal and content-related responsibilities of studierendenWERK BERLIN – the option of clicking through offers from various other websites with property listings.

These offers are aimed especially at students who are looking for suitable places to live in and outside of Berlin. 

- WG-fü
- mein Monteurzimmer
- Immobilienscout 24

Websites on which you can offer and book accommodation across Europe and the world.

- Flat-Club

We are grateful for tips and advice on other interesting locations. Please let us know.

© Fotolia_56710513

Program students

For the promotion of scholarships/exchange programmes, the studierendenWERK BERLIN has a procedure in place for the preferential allocation of housing for foreign students.
© Alexandra H. /

Starter package

studierendenWERK BERLIN offers a "Starter Pack" which shall facilitate settling into your residence.

Residence tutors

A team of German and non-German students who have been living in Berlin for some time and can pass on their experiences to the residents of the student accommodations
© Clipdealer

Barrier-free housing

studierendenWERK BERLIN preferentially provides accommodations to students with disabilities and chronic illnesses to facilitate their barrier-free studies.

Fair Sharing

Sharing a room is now possible in the halls of residence.
Studierendenwerk Berlin

Fair rent

Call for private student accommodation.


Frequently Asked Questions towards Housing

Can I sublet my room or apartment? 

Yes, in the case of a stay abroad or an internship. You will need the permission of your local halls of residence administration. Find the subtenant who suits you. Please note that the subtenant has to be eligible for studierendenWERK’s housing. A subtenancy agreement is concluded between the tenant and the subtenant, but the rent remains the same; you may demand a deposit from the subtenant. In any case, you remain the main tenant with all rights and obligations. Subletting is valid for a maximum of one semester.

Where can I get advice?

At the InfoCenter study@home at Hardenbergstraße 34, 10623 Berlin.

What am I required to have for my application?

Notice of admission or an enrolment certificate from a Berlin university and the proof of payment of semester contributions.

How do I apply properly, from both inside and outside of Germany?

Since 1 July 2011, applying has been possible through the online portal only. Please get informed about the residential complexes and living models on these websites. All compulsory fields must be completed in the application form. Please provide your notice of admission, your enrolment certificate or the “Declaration of acceptance a place at university”, a valid receipt from payment of your semester contributions and your ID card or passport. These documents are then uploaded in scanned form. The scanned documents must not exceed 500KB per document.

How do I apply for an flat with my family?

Again, please use the online portal. In the online student residence application, it is imperative to enter information about your civil status, the name of your spouse and, if necessary, the number children you have. With this information, we can offer you a suitable living space.

How do I apply for an flat with a friend/with friends?

Initially, only one member of the future shared residence applies via the online portal. The number of additional co-applicants must be indicated on the application form. An “application cover letter” will then be sent by email. This is where the full procedure will be explained in detail. Note: all co-applicants must have residency entitlement according to the guidelines for rental of student housing.

When should I apply?

As soon as the notice of admission or enrolment certificate is available and the semester fees have been paid.

Under which conditions does an application expire?

If you do not have a rental contract, you will receive an email asking if you are still interested in a place of residence. You will get this 90 days after receipt of your application. If you answer the question with “yes”, you remain on the waiting list (for a maximum two years) and will receive the next mail 90 days later. If you do not reply within 7 days, your application will expire.

Who has a residence entitlement?

Only students of state universities of the State of Berlin as well as students of state-recognised private universities in the State of Berlin who pay contributions to the studierendenWERK BERLIN, has residence eligibility.

Tenants are obliged to prove the continuation of their residence eligibility – without being asked to do so – by 15 April and 15 October of each year. They must do this by submitting a semester certificate valid for the current course of studies.
The proof can be provided online via our housing portal.

Do I have to pay a deposit?

Yes. This amounts to 1.5 times the monthly rent.


Are there rooms or apartments for students with children?

Yes, in some residential complexes, places are available for students with children. The student hall of residence Fraunhoferstraße is specifically designed to meet the needs of students with children.

Are there special childcare facilities for students with children?

Yes, studierendenWERK BERLIN has several day care centers close to the universities.

How long am I bound to the rental agreement?

In compliance with the contract type, the minimum period of residence is three months.

Are there short-term rentals (days/weeks)?



What regulations apply regarding the Rundfunkbeitrag (called GEZ up until 2013) for students in the student residencies?

The Rundfunkbeitrag – contributions to German broadcast media – must be paid by the resident, i.e. every adult who actually lives there. Because delimitation problems are “pre-programmed”, all tenants who have a valid rental contract and are registered at the residence are counted as being occupants of the residency. More information can be found here.


Fotolia 75749528


You applied to us for a place in a student residence hall? Then you have received your access details for the housing portal with your confirmation of application. Now log in with your e-mail address and password. In exceptional cases it can take up to two days before you receive your password. Please be patient.

Your application was successful and you already live in one of our residence halls?

You can use this portal for: 

  • Sending us messages with modification requests regarding your application
  • Uploading your certificate of enrolment or other documents
  • Requesting documents
  • Seeing your contract
  • Cancelling or renewing your contract
  • Applying for a removal
  • Sending damage reports

I cannot log in. Why?

Make sure that you have written your email address the same way it was written on the application. Check your password entry.

Can I bring my pet with me?

No, having pets is prohibited according to the General Rental Terms and Conditions.


Do I have to pay second-home tax?

Yes, according to the regulations of the State of Berlin.

You have applied for three student residencies, but now you would like to modify something?

That is no problem at all. You can make changes to your application at any time without affecting the waiting period. Simply log in to your online portal. You have received the access details with the confirmation of your application from us. Then write us via the notification function which contents you would like to modify. Do you want to choose other student residencies, would you like to inform us of a different move-in date or would you like to change your preferred dwelling type? We will then make the modifications for you.




Broadcasting Fees (2.39 MB)
Eco Flyer (4.17 MB)

Verwendung von Cookies

Um die Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwendet diese Webseite Cookies.

Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu.

Weitere Informationen zum Datenschutz finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung