If your current BAföG funding ends on September 30, we recommend that you submit your follow-up application now! This will help you avoid interruptions in the payment.
This list will help you to complete your application and accelerate our processes.
- In individual cases, it is possible that further documents may be required due to special circumstances: Your BaföG agent will inform you about this.
- Please complete all fields of the forms with the required information, if not applicable please write "0" (i.e. your income/ assets).
- Please do not forget to sign the application if you do not submit it via BAföG-Digital.
If you submitted the application via BAföG-Digital, you can upload the documents in your user area.
- copy of current passport/ visa (including the page with the residence permit)
- copy of rental agreement/ proof of registration (both only if you do not live with your parents)
- proof of health insurance (if you pay your own insurance)
- proof of own income in the applicable period (i.e. orphan pension, scholarship)
- proof of assets/ debt on the date of application (i.e. bank statements, estimated value of personal car and vehicle registration)
- further proof in the case that assets have been transferred to other people/ family members within 6 months prior to application
- curriculum vitae: Complete and uninterrupted career history
- proof of completion of your vocational training (degree/bachelor's certificate) and periods of employment or replacement periods (e.g. unemployment, illness)
- Current certificate of matriculation with subjects (“Immatrikulations-/ Studienbescheinigung”).
Form 3 (income declaration)
- including proof of income of your parents/ spouse/ registered partner (income tax or similar predating 2 years - translated into German)
- if applicable, copy of school, study or training certificate for siblings from grade 10 or from the age of 15
Form 4 (Children of the trainee )
- to apply for the childcare allowance for own children: copy of the birth certificate of the child(ren).
if funding is applied for from the 5th semester onwards, proof of ECTS points,
if the office has a general stipulation from the department or you have achieved at least 30 credit points per semester, otherwise form 5 (certificate of achievement according to § 48 BAföG)
(additional application, if the current income of your parents/ spouse/ registered partner has worsened compared 2 years earlier (i.e. due to unemployment, illness or retirement))
You can find the requirements and documents here.
Apply online via BAföG-Digital.