Hardenbergstr. 35, 10623 Berlin
(U/S Zoologischer Garten / U Ernst-Reuter-Platz)
With a size of 475 square meters, its own stage and equipped with technology, the Freiraum is available to Berlin students as a place of diversity and exchange. Within the semester, the Freiraum hosts weekly events, such as plays, concerts and drawing classes, which are open to all students.
- Applicants must be enrolled at a Berlin university for whose students the studierendenWERK BERLIN offers services. The project teams should consist of at least 80% students enrolled at these universities. The room is otherwise not open to any other private organizers, providers, etc., including those from the university environment.
- The room is also not available for rent. The room can only be provided free of charge and only within the framework of the rules defined above. Incidental costs (GEMA, technicians, etc.) are generally not covered by the Culture & International Affairs department.
- Projects with a commercial background or an intention to make a profit cannot be supported.
- During the week, the Freiraum is only available for events on Thursdays. Events must end at 10 pm.
- You should contact us about 6 months before the event, because the Freiraum is booked up very quickly.
- Due to the operating license and for economic and personnel reasons, the Freiraum remains closed on weekends or only in exceptional cases events of the Office of Culture & International Affairs take place.
- Before you fill out the application, please read the "Giving over the Freiraum" (in the same document). After you have submitted an application, it will be reviewed internally and you will receive a response within 3 weeks.
In order to get the free space, you must first submit an application and fill out a financing plan.
You can find the application and financing plan here:
The following requirements, among others, must be met in order to prepare the application:
The free space is primarily available to conduct offerings with and for students of our partner universities. You can find a list of these universities here.