An application can be submitted by students who
- are only enrolled at the UdK Berlin and
- are not enrolled in a vacation semester or as a guest student and
- still have open coursework and
- do not yet have an equivalent degree and are therefore not studying in a second degree program and
- have their center of life in Berlin.
Financial assistance may be requested for the following expenses:
a) for equipment and working materials required for study, e.g. instruments, tools, devices, etc.
b) for working materials required for study, e.g. materials, artistic design materials, support materials, objects, etc.
c) for necessary expenses for artistic projects within the scope of the studies, e.g. for service providers, technicians, travel expenses and other direct costs, public relations, etc.
d) for other expenses such as licenses and fees, e.g. reproduction fees, usage licenses, duplication fees, performance licenses, software.
The support is a one-time € 500. The money does not have to be paid back.
- German identity card or, alternatively, an official identity document plus certificate of registration or visa/residence permit.
- Certificate of enrolment from the UdK Berlin for the current semester (including details of subject and university semester as well as study status, e.g. full-time study). If you do not have this, you can upload the letter of acceptance as well as proof of payment of the semester fee for the current semester
- This document filled out by the UdK. Alternatively, your current performance overview.
- Complete account statements or transaction reports from your main account from the previous month. For example, if you apply in November, you need to upload the account statement from October 1 to October 31. Your name, IBAN, all transactions and the account balance from the last day of the month must be visible.
- A complete curriculum vitae in tabular form showing your schooling, professional and academic career
- If you can claim a severe disability, the severely disabled person's ID card
Social and financial need is assessed on an individual basis.
Income and expenses also play a role, as do disposable assets, for example.
The social neediness is checked by different information, like the number of children, if one has a severe disability or if one has a refugee background.
A request may be made once per semester.
Necessity is reassessed for each application.
Applications can be submitted until the funds are spent.
If no more funds are available, the application platform will be closed until new funds are received.