Insurance - which ones are recommended?

Insurance: Which ones are recommended?

We recommend taking out liability insurance and household contents insurance.

Essentially, liability insurance covers the costs of damage to the property of others caused by an insured person.
Household contents insurance, on the other hand, comes into play if there are accidents involving water, short circuits, fire or the like in your living space or if there is a break-in.
The costs for damage to your furnishings and the items in your apartment will then be borne by your insurance company.
Insurance company restrictions apply; we recommend reading them carefully.
Please also check beforehand whether your parents have insurance coverage.