A new menu for our canteens
This winter semester, the canteens and coffee bars of the studierendenWERK will be in regular business again. Food will then be available for consumption on site and without pre-ordering. And there are more news ...
In order to stay fit for the future and not least because of the steadily increasing demand from students, we have revised the menu in the canteens so that our offer is more climate-friendly. Here are the most important innovations:
What's on the menu?
68 percent vegan
28 percent vegetarian
2 percent meat
2 percent fish
So what’s on the plate?
For example ...
- Marinated soy meat chunks in a curry-vegetable sauce with fresh ginger and buckwheat (gluten free)
- Chickpea ragout with potatoes, spinach, mushrooms and yofu dip (gluten free)
- Whole-grain penne rigate with broccoli, tomatoes and roasted pumpkin seeds
- Hemp and sweet potato balls with curry-coconut sauce (gluten free)
- Three vegetarian „Maultaschen“ (German dumplings) with spinach sauce and minced tomatoes
- Stuffed zucchini scalloped with mozzarella and tomato bell pepper sauce (gluten free)
- Carrot-broccoli gratin with potatoe slices and cheese (gluten free)
- Egg spaetzle (German pasta) with champignons in cream
Bowls (always vegan)
- Bowl with bulgur and red lentils, white champignons, cocktail tomatoes and roasted pumpkin seeds
- Pistaccio-cinnamon pudding
- Fruit salad (daily new and fresh)
- Yoghurt with honey and sesame
Soups are always vegan
Salats are vegan or vegetarian
"Klima-Essen" (climate-friendly meals) are always vegan
Special meal offer is always vegan/vegetarian
Sides (potatoes, rice, vegetables) are always vegan/vegetarian
- Homemade pork Schnitzel Vienna style with gravy
- Asian vegetable stir fry with turkey slices
- Baked pollack filet with a rice coating in lime-ginger sauce
- Fried wild salmon with curcuma sauce
From now on, we will offer exclusively vegan or vegetarian food on Mondays. On Tuesdays and Thurdays meat dishes will be available. On Wednesdays and Fridays there will be one fish meal (except in vegan/vegetarian canteens).
In the future, the regular menu will only offer vegetarian and vegan dishes on Mondays. There is a meat dish on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and a fish dish on Wednesdays and Fridays (except in the vegan or vegetarian canteens).
The concept for our special menu ("Aktionsstand") is currently still being revised.
Where do we get meat and fish from?
We purchase meat and poultry exclusively regionally and from husbandry forms 3 and 4.
The 2 percent meat and 2 percent fish offered meet the requirements of our existing labels for sustainable agriculture and sustainable fishing.
Will there be enough variation?
At the moment, we are using 510 recipes of which
- 341 are vegan (of which 288 also gluten-free)
- 145 are vegetarian (108 also gluten-free)
- 12 are fish
- 12 are meat
Thanks to these recipes, we will be able to offer students a different menu every day for 6 weeks.
Watch the video for more information (in German)