The all-round nature of the studierendenWERK provides you with the ideal qualifications for a successful start to your professional life. Training on the job usually takes about three years. Our qualified instructors will provide you with a wide range of interesting material and get you involved in day-to-day business from the very beginning.
We Train You Up
Our Training Programs
Getting the Right Start in Your Training
We are aware that the switch from education to work is an enormous change. To help you make the transition, our trainers, social workers, and of course other trainees (both those junior and senior to you) are at your side. Within the first few working days, our instructors will inform you about general affairs at studierendenWERK BERLIN. You will get to know your colleagues and your workplace. There is a trainees breakfast in September/October, where you can get to know other trainees and instructors from all other areas of the studierendenWERK. Subsequently, trainees from all courses take part in a team event (e.g. treasure hunt or escape game).
We Offer You
- Secure pay determined by a fixed scale (TVAöD-BBiG Studentenwerk-Berlin)
- Annual holidays: 30 days (plus day off on 24 Dec and 31 Dec)
- Training pay (1st year: €968.26 – 2nd year: €1,018.20 – 3rd year: €1,064.02)
- Term contract of at least half a year in the event of a good training qualification
- €400 bonus for successful completion of the training
- Regulated working hours, no shift and/or weekend work
- Asset-creating services and annual extra payment
- Occupational pension from 17 years of age
- High-quality training by dedicated and experienced instructors and trainers
- Accompaniment by our training instructors and youth education representatives
- Support via additional tuition as well as preparation for examinations
- Health management
Since 2015, the studierendenWERK has participated in the "Training with Quality" initiative launched by DEHOGA (Deutsche Hotellerie- und Gaststättenverband). Through an annual survey of trainees, measures are continuously identified that further optimize the training conditions at the studierendenWERK. Our trainers take part in cross-company exchanges of experience, e.g. between DEHOGA and the Academy of Administration, and thus remain up to date.