Call: Writing group TextTransit
The application for the intercultural writing group for creative writing at the studierendenWERK BERLIN is open now!
In the writing group "TextTransit", students work on their texts over the course of one semester under the supervision of an author. This wintersemester Berlin author Yael Inokai will teach the course.
The writing group is intercultural or multilingual, i.e. it is aimed at authors or students interested in writing who speak and write other languages or who, as non-native speakers, want to write their literary texts in German.
Students who write in German are of course just as welcome. The course language is German.
The aim of the group is to improve one's own literary writing through continuous work on the texts over a semester. Equally important is the critical exchange between the group participants and the cooperation among them. At the end of the semester, a literary action is to be developed from within the group.
The writing group will take place during the lecture time on Thursdays from 15-17 o'clock in the Freiraum im Studentenhaus, since the distance rules can be ensured here. If the assembly rules are tightened, continuation via video conference is also possible.
We are looking forward to receiving your application by 30 September 2020, using the application form below, subject to the conditions of participation. The head of the writing group will select the texts in mid-October and then inform the selected participants.
Requirements for participation:
- Students of the Berlin partner universities of the studierendenWERK BERLIN
- Regular work on literary texts or first attempts (text sample)
- Fun and motivation to work together in a group on texts and to engage in a joint literary action (letter of motivation)
- Time to attend weekly meetings on a regular basis and time to work regularly on your own texts
- Time at the end of the semester for a literary action
- Oral understanding of the German language and command of German or English in written form
- Intercultural interest / openness
The letter of motivation should contain 1/4 to 1 page, the text sample 1-3 pages.
30 September 2020
12:00 AM to 11:59 PM
25 € participation fee
BKI - Büro für Kultur und Internationales