The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) currently advises against travelling to areas at risk (page four). This applies both to students and employees who are planning a stay abroad. Students who are already abroad (Erasmus or worldwide) are recommended to return to Germany from the countries also dealing with COVID-19. Please inform the international office of the university and cancel your registration with your host university via e-mail. Ask for a confirmation of your stay (letter of confirmation).
The visa service is suspended until further notice.
If you need an extension of your stay but cannot get an appointment at the State Residents' Office (Landeseinwohneramt), there is no problem at the moment. According to the State Residents' Office, temporary residence permits and visas are considered to be permanent, i.e. they remain valid (see source).
- Bundesgesundheitsministerium (Federal Ministry of Health)
- Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung (Federal Institute for Risk Assessment)
- Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung (Federal Centre for Health Education)
- World Health Organisation (WHO) - Europa
- Integrationsbeauftragte der Bundesregierung (Integration Commissioner of the Federal Government)
For information on exams, compulsory attendance courses, homework, etc. please refer to the website of your university.
The Berlin universities strongly advise all students who are currently in risk areas to break off their stay and return to Germany immediately.
Students should contact their home university and the health department of their home town in Germany before departure.
International exchange students (incomings) who are already in Berlin are advised to break off their stay.
International exchange students (incomings) who have not yet arrived are strongly advised to postpone their stay.
Further information can be found on the websites of the respective universities:
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin
- Universität der Künste Berlin
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Alice Salomon Hochschule
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Beuth Hochschule für Technik Berlin
- Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- IPU – International Psychoanalytic University Berlin
- Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler Berlin
- Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin
- Evangelische Hochschule Berlin
- Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weißensee
To minimize the risk of a coronavirus infection, we have discontinued open consultation hours and any face-to-face counselling.
All canteens a currently closed.
Our counselling offices are still in operation but only for telephone consultation. All information is given here.