- Clearly arranged posters in the facilities inform about the most important protection and hygiene measures.
- All tenants are regularly informed by e-mail.
- The cleaning service regularly cleans the common rooms.
- We kindly ask you to help keep the common areas like bathrooms and kitchens in the residence halls clean.
- Please use the common kitchens for cooking only, but not as recreation rooms.
- We also recommend that you follow general hygiene tips for the household: www.infektionsschutz.de.
- Parties, BBQs, sports events and meetings with more than 3 people are prohibited.
- Please do not receive any visitors at the moment.
- Please do not accept any other people into your room/apartment (except already approved subtenants).
Yes, quarantine orders for sick persons and, if necessary, roommates* and other contact persons are issued by the responsible health authority. However, we ask sick tenants to send us a message so that we can take further measures to protect the residents and janitors if necessary. If you are ill with COVID 19 or if home quarantine has been ordered, we recommend to check the website of Robert Koch Institut.
If you are living in a shared apartment, please inform your roommates and give your dormitory administration your consent that your roommates are also informed by the residence administration.
You live in a single apartment:
Please spend the quarantine period exclusively in the apartment. Please ask friends and acquaintances to do the shopping for you.
You will live in a shared apartment for up to 6 people:
Please spend the quarantine period in your shared or multiroom apartment. Arrange times with your roommates* during which you are allowed to use the kitchen and bathroom. Work surfaces and sanitary facilities must be disinfected before and after use. Ask your roommates to do the shopping for you.
You live in a shared corridor:
Under certain conditions, the janitor will provide you with a refrigerator, a stove and a kettle for the time of the quarantine, so that you can take care of yourself.
Roommates/neighbours are called upon to help with shopping etc. In some dormitories you will have a separate toilet.
If there is no separate toilet available, please always disinfect before and after use.
In general, you are not allowed to dispose of garbage, empty the mailbox or use the washing machine room.
In this case, please inform the responsible health office and the dormitory administration.
You have signed a tenancy agreement with studierenWERK BERLIN and come from a corona risk area?
Then please note the following information:
- If you are arriving from a high-risk area, you are required to fill out the digital entry registration form
- Regardless of the entry possibilities, a quarantine obligation based on the Infection Protection Act continues to apply in all German states for persons entering and returning from the risk areas defined by the Robert Koch Institute (RKI). Please inform yourself before entering the country whether your country belongs to the risk area. For the current list, please refer to RKI - Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 - Information on the designation of international risk areas .
- All other students from risk areas are subject to a 10-day quarantine and are required to report immediately to the public health department. The quarantine can be shortened if a corona test is performed and the test result is negative. From this time on the quarantine is lifted.
- Please send your test result to email@example.com .
No. In this situation we do not require students to vacate their room/apartment. Even now, the law of enforcement already provides that the right of the tenant to physical integrity takes precedence over the landlord's interest in eviction. Since all people are called upon to act in solidarity and to drastically reduce contacts, the tenant - also for the protection of others - cannot be obliged to move out. This also applies if you live in an apartment or a room in a shared apartment or if you are subletting on the free housing market.