01. Is it worth applying for BAföG?
The first improvements have been launched for the 2022/23 winter semester.
- The parental allowance on income will increase by 20.75%.
- Need rates and housing allowance have also increased.
- For students who do not live with their parents, are under 30 and have their own health care insurance, the maximum subsidy is 934 euros (812 euros without their own insurance).
- For students who live at home, the subsidy increases to a maximum of 633 euros (511 euros without insurance contributions).
- The age limit for the start of eligible training is now 45.
- Income from a mini-job remains exempt up to 520 euros gross.
The digital application process will be simplified and less time-consuming.
All applicants who have already submitted an application covering the winter semester 2022/23 or are still submitting it will automatically benefit from the changes and will receive another notification with the changes in time for the winter semester.