Take-away offer from 8 June 2020
Five of our coffee bars will open for take-away.
We're happy to welcome you back!
On Thursday, 28 May 2020, the Berlin Senate passed amendments to the "Ordinance on measures required to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 in Berlin". We are very happy that we are now allowed to offer you a range of drinks and meals, even if only for collection.
Sandwiches, cakes and drinks are sold in the following coffee bars. You can also use the so-called Click & Collect ordering system to pre-order hot dishes. Simply order one day in advance by 12 pm and pick up your order in the specified time window. Payment is made on site with the MensaCard.
- Coffeeshop at Veggie № 1 (FU), Van't-Hoff-Straße 6 (8 am to 3 pm)
- Backshop at Veggie 2.0 (TU), Hardenbergstraße 34 (8 am to 3 pm)
- Coffeeshop at Mensa Süd (HU), Unter den Linden 6 (8 am to 3 pm)
From 23 June, the coffee bar on Beuth, Luxemburger Str. 9, will be open from 7:30 am am to 2:30 pm for sandwiches, cakes and drinks, but without a Click & Collect offer.
We're looking forward to seeing you!
We are still in the testing phase of this new application, so unfortunately, some things are not yet perfect. The menu of the pick-up system is currently only available in German. So we kindly ask for your patience.
What is important to know:
- This is a pre-order for food.
- Payment on the spot is only possible with the MensaCard when you're picking up the food.
- The order must be placed at the latest one working day before by 12 pm (noon) (orders for Monday at the latest on Friday before noon).
- Pick up the food at the appropriate facilities.
- At the time of collection, the food is handed over by showing the QR code from the email order confirmation sent to you.
- One you have collected the food, you should not wait too long for consumption. Warm food is intended for immediate consumption, cold food can be kept in the fridge for a maximum of 48 hours (note best before date).
- The trays can be warmed with the foil for 3-4 minutes in the microwave at 800 W or about 5-7 minutes in the oven at 110°C.
Also important to know:
- The containers largely consist of sustainable raw materials (sugar cane, for example) and are therefore compostable. Due to the coronavirus hygiene regulations, we are currently unable to fill containers that you have brought with you, but we are working to find a solution.