© Fotolia 104907736

Students with Children

For students with children, we have created a counselling service, aimed at both German and international students.


Counselling Services

We can provide you with an overview of the services you are entitled to and help with specific questions, such as whether and when you are entitled to state benefits and support, such as unemployment support, financial support for your children, financial support to pay your rent (Wohngeld), maternity support payments etc. We will also tell you about available childcare facilities.

In addition, we publish the brochure Studying as a Parent (as of: 2017) in Berlin (only available in German), in which you will find a wide range of information on this subject. 

Studying as a Parent

  • If you are experiencing hardship during pregnancy, you can apply to the Help for the Family Foundation (Stiftung Hilfe für die Familie). Please contact our Counselling Centres.
  • In addition to this, we work with the universities’ support services for women and families to put on information events where you can share your experiences with others.
  • The studierendenWERK also offers day care centers especially for students with children. Opening hours for the day care centers are arranged to suit the needs of students.

Please contact us and make an appointment – we will be happy to advise you.

Pregnancy Conflict Counselling § 219

You are unplanned pregnant and do not know what to do?

The Psychological Psychotherapeutic Counseling Center advises as a recognized body with specially trained counselors according to § 219.

When making an appointment, please point out that you would like a pregnancy conflict counselling.

Phone: 030 93 93 9 - 8438 or 8401
E-mail: pbs@stw.berlin